The Kent County Chamber of Commerce is a leading membership organization in Kent County that advocates for sound, balanced economic development. As a vital organization that represents the diverse interests of our 300 members who are from many different business sectors, the Chamber speaks as a collective voice on issues that impact business, the economy, and the community at large. Our goal is to represent the entire business community as effectively as possible so that not only do our businesses thrive, but also the region as a whole.
Through collaboration, education, legislative forums, informational meetings, networking, and advertising opportunities, we provide our members with the information and resources they need to succeed in today’s economy.
Who We Are
The Kent County Chamber of Commerce was founded in 1928 as the Kent County Business Men’s Association. The Association was incorporated in 1958 and evolved into the Kent County Chamber of Commerce. Today the Chamber is the leading advocate for business in the County, serving our members in ways that enhance our business community, the quality of life, and the well-being of residents and visitors.
The Chamber promotes our members and sponsors on our website, in our annual Kent County Business Directory and map publications, and in the many calls we receive for business referrals. We recommend only Chamber members when asked who to contact for goods or services. We hold networking events such as Business-After-Hours mixers and breakfasts to showcase our member businesses. Together with SCORE (Service Corp of Retired Executives), we host educational seminars on topics of interest to local businesses. Annually, we sponsor a new Members Breakfast, and Legislative Review sessions to keep our members informed on current events. We also recognize the best businesses and leaders in the County at our annual Excellence in Business Awards Event.
As you consider membership in the Chamber, please keep in mind you will get only as much out of your investment as you are willing to put into it. We will do our very best to fulfill our obligation to provide as many benefits as possible to all our members. Likewise, we hope that you will take the time to learn about all your benefits and participate as much as possible in our many Chamber activities including networking events, informative breakfast forums, educational seminars, surveys, committee meetings, and other special events so that you can help us to help you succeed.
The Kent County Chamber of Commerce is the leading advocate for business in the County, serving our members in ways that enhance our business community, the quality of life and the well-being of residents and visitors.
- Provide our membership with the tools, environment, and leadership to realize their potential
- Clearly define and communicate our member benefits and initiatives
- Be inclusive and meaningful to all of our members (business, non-profit, community groups)
- Advocate and lead on local, regional, and national issues that affect our members
- Encourage, nurture, and attract “Green” business
- Advocate for the best ecological, economic, and environmentally sustainable practices
- Encourage and sustain the heritage and character of the communities we serve
- Continually plan and evolve to meet our mission
- The actions of the Chamber Board and administration will always reflect our mission with the highest integrity and values.
For more information:
Contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410.810.2968