The Many Benefits of Chamber Membership
Your Chamber Membership is a valuable investment providing many opportunities to help your business grow & prosper!
The Chamber’s many Networking Opportunities can help you make valuable business connections. Our Informational/Educational Events – such as our quarterly Breakfast Series and the Business Educational Seminars held in conjunction with SCORE (Service Corps of Retired Executives) – provide you with tools, guidance and insight on key business issues.
Members can realize tremendous savings through the Chamber’s many Marketing and Advertising Opportunities which are exclusive to Chamber members. We encourage members to take advantage of these unique and affordable opportunities to promote their business. Well-attended Chamber events also provide Sponsorship Opportunities to help your business gain valuable exposure.
The Chamber makes available many Business Services exclusively for members only. And finally, the Chamber serves as an Advocate for our membership by establishing strong relationships with all levels of elected officials, local and state agencies and more.
Member Business-After-Hours Mixers
Monthly networking opportunities hosted by various member businesses at their respective locations. Meet and mingle after hours with fellow colleagues and potential customers. These networking meetings afford you the opportunity to connect in a casual setting as well as to introduce yourself and your business to the group. Get even more exposure – host a Business-After-Hours yourself! Contact Loretta Lodge at email@example.com or 410.810.2968
Breakfast Speaker Series Quarterly breakfast meetings with informative, well-respected leaders of industry who address the membership on a diverse array of issues. Speakers include economists, state and local elected officials, education leaders and marketing gurus to name a few. For more visibility, you can sponsor a Breakfast for just $200. For more information, contact Loretta Lodge at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410.810.2968
Marketing and Advertising Opportunities
Now more than ever, it is time to take advantage of the many effective and affordable marketing and advertising opportunities available to Chamber members only! Click here to view the Marketing and Advertising opportunities.
Sponsorship opportunities can be found at the Chamber’s many successful and well-attended business and community events throughout the year – such as the quarterly Breakfast Series, the Business Educational Seminars held throughout the year, The Chamber’s Annual Excellence in Business Awards Event, the pre and post-Legislative Session Breakfasts, the New Members’ Breakfast, the Regional County Mixer held each May and much more.
Sponsoring a Chamber event is a great way to gain valuable exposure for your business, all the while supporting events that help the Chamber promote the Kent County business community. Click here to view all sponsorship opportunities throughout the year. For more information, contact Loretta Lodge at email@example.com or 410.810.2968
- The Chamber office receives requests for information on availability of goods and services from local businesses every day. We gladly give referrals ONLY for our Chamber members!
- We assist Chamber member businesses and individuals in writing and distributing press releases on news-worthy items for our members.
Monthly Newsletter & Weekly NewsFlash
- We publish a monthly newsletter which provides information of interest to Chamber members. The Newsletter is distributed via email and is available on the Chamber website. Weekly NewsFlashes and reminders keep members aware of important, time-sensitive events and topics.
Broadcast Email Services – E-Blasts
- In an effort to help you build your business and get your message out efficiently and cost effectively, the Chamber office will send an email specifically on your behalf to all Chamber members and non-members who have signed up for our mailing list. This is an excellent way to announce new products, services or events. As a Chamber member, you can take advantage of this service at a very reasonable cost. Please contact the Chamber office for further details.
Bulk Mailing Privileges
- To allow you, our member, to deliver information to a lot of people at more economical rates than normal, the Chamber offers exclusively to its members the use of its Bulk Mail Permit. For detailed information on using the Bulk Mail Permit, please contact the chamber office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410.810.2968
- Notary services are now available at the Chamber by appointment. Please contact the Chamber office to schedule an appointment.
Proud Member Logo
- To paraphrase a line from our Mission Statement, “The Kent Chamber is the leading advocate for our members’ business interests. To that end, the Chamber has created a “Proud Member” logo that can be used for just about any advertising or promotion for your business; an added value that we know will help grow your customer base. Use this logo in your business print ads, direct mail, business cards, web sites, email blasts, promotional items and much more! The logo lets your client base know that you are proud to be a Kent County Chamber of Commerce member.
Business Materials Display
- Display of your materials in the Chamber Resource Area of the Visitors Center! Free!
Member-to-Member Benefits Program and Membership Card
- The Chamber has initiated a new program in which special Membership Cards are being distributed to all our member businesses. The Membership Card works in conjunction with the Chamber’s Member-to-Member Benefits Program that promotes buying local to support member businesses. Members businesses that participate in this program, offer discounts or specials to everyone presenting their Membership Card, in advance of their purchase. Members wishing to take advantage of the Member-to-Member Benefits Program must show a current Membership Card with current year identification. Even if you do not offer a discount to fellow members, as a Chamber member, you may take advantage of the discounts offered. This allows members to save some money while supporting local companies that sell products and services.If you wish to have a member discount offer listed, contact the Chamber office at email@example.com or 410.810.2968
- We conduct Ribbon Cutting ceremonies to announce new businesses to the community OR new Chamber members.
Excellence in Business Awards Presentation
- We recognize the best businesses and leaders in the County at our annual Excellence in Business Awards Event held in January.
Complimentary Business Counseling with SCORE
- SCORE, (Service Corps of Retired Executives), Counselors to America’s Small Business). They are affiliated with the Small Business Association (SBA) and offer FREE counseling to individuals who would like help starting a new business, or who own a small business and need assistance with any of their business issues. Schedule your appointment today by calling 410-810-2968. For more info, click here!
- Established relationships with state, local, regional and national elected officials
- Lobbying on key initiatives and legislation impacting business owners and the community as a whole
- Involvement with state and local agencies and commissions to ensure Kent County has a voice on key issues
Take Advantage of all The Benefits of Membership!
Join Today! Click here to download a membership application.
Contact Loretta Lodge at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410.810.2968 for more information.